The love of God for all humanity is the reason God sent his only begotten son into this world. Jesus taught us how to pray and function here on the earth. He also said at the beginning of his ministry his purpose for being here. ” The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”. Luke 4:18
- The Spirit of the Lord came upon him.
- The Anointing was given to him. ( anointing: to choose by or as if by divine election, designate.
The Reason for the Anointing
Preach the gospel to the poor. The Lord wants all to hear the Good News that game from heaven.
- Healing of the brokenhearted: ( brokenhearted; filled with great sadness especially because someone you love has left you, has died etc.)
- Preach deliverance to the captives: ( deliverance; the state of being saved from something dangerous or unpleasant) drugs, alcohol, smoking, lying, stealing etc.
- Recovering of sight to the blind. Many of us are spiritually blind. Not knowing the things of God and not understanding kingdom principles set forth to guide us in everyday life. Jesus is the WAY, the Truth, and the Life. You can not go to the father on your own. You must go through Jesus, the Holy Spirit will escort you into the spirit realm. Then your eyes will see what Jesus see…… ” I once was blind now I see”
- Set at liberty them that are bruised: ( bruised; to hurt someone’s confidence, feeling, etc. through speech or actions.)
This is good news, knowing that Jesus wants to and can handle all of your problems today. There is no need to handle it by yourself. All of us at one time or another have experienced sadness, feelings being hurt, etc. Whatever you might be going through, bring it to Jesus, simple as that .
Jesus is saying, ” Come to me , all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28